Let your company increase your impact! Many companies have matching gift programs.
When you make a charitable donation, your company does the same. Both donations help heal women in need of treatment for obstetric fistula.
To verify if your company has a matching gift program, use the Employer Match Search Form available below. If your company is not listed, it might still have a matching gift program. Contact your HR department for more information.
- Make your donation and hang on to your receipt. Many companies will match donations for up to a year after the original gift was made.
- Search for your company in the Employer Search Form in the accordion below
- Download your company’s matching gift form from the link provided in your search results.
- Print and complete your company’s form, and mail it to us at the address below. Or, if your company provides a link to an online portal in the search results, use the link provided to log in and complete a match request.
1922 The Alameda, Suite 302
San Jose, CA 95126
Questions? Please e-mail us at email@example.com
A growing number of our donors have worked directly with us to write Fistula Foundation into their will.
There are many gift options available to you that can benefit fistula survivors after your lifetime. Some choose to make a charitable gift of a specific amount, others decide that Fistula Foundation will receive all or a percentage of what they own, and others make Fistula Foundation a beneficiary of one of their assets.
If we are one of your favorite charities, we’d be grateful if you’d consider making us part of your will. To explore this option, please email Anne Ferguson, Deputy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 408-249-9596.
When you leave a bequest to a nonprofit like Fistula Foundation, this charitable deduction can help offset taxes on your estate. Providing for a charitable bequest in your estate planning can usually be changed or modified at any time, before your passing.
- Specific Bequest: a specific bequest involves making a specific dollar amount from your estate to Fistula Foundation.
- Percentage Bequest: another kind of specific bequest involves leaving a specific percentage of your overall estate to charity. For example, you may wish to leave 10% of your estate to Fistula Foundation.
- Residual Bequest: a residual bequest is made from the balance of an estate after the will or trust has given away each of the specific bequests. A common residual bequest involves leaving a percentage of the remaining value (residue) of the estate to charity. For example, you may wish to leave 30% of the residue of your estate to Fistula Foundation.
We recommend consulting an attorney when preparing your will but have included some suggested language here to help guide your conversation. We are not attorneys and cannot give legal advice.
Bequest of a Specific Dollar Amount:
I hereby give, devise and bequeath _________ ($DOLLARS) to Fistula Foundation, a nonprofit organization located at 1922 The Alameda, Suite 302, San Jose CA, 95126, Federal Tax ID #77-0547201, for Fistula Foundation’s general use and purpose.
I hereby give, devise and bequeath _____% (PERCENTAGE) of my total estate, determined as of the date of my death, to Fistula Foundation, a nonprofit organization located at 1922 The Alameda, Suite 302, San Jose CA, 95126, Federal Tax ID #77-0547201, for Fistula Foundation’s general use and purpose.
I hereby give, devise and bequeath Fistula Foundation, a nonprofit organization located at 1922 The Alameda, Suite 302, San Jose CA, 95126, Federal Tax ID #77-0547201, ______(ALL OR A PERCENTAGE) of the rest, residue and remainder of my estate to be used for Fistula Foundation’s general use and purpose.
Stock gifts can be arranged with your financial advisor through most brokerage accounts.
We’re able to accept donations of appreciated securities (stock) by electronic transfer through the Depository Trust Company (DTC).
Or follow the instructions below:
- Please contact Kimberly Adinolfi at email@example.com or (408) 249-9596 prior to completing this transaction to provide details on the number of shares and type of stock being donated. Taking this step will ensure that your stock gift can be easily tracked for tax purposes.
- Request a stock gift transfer through your broker using the following information:
- Account: Charles Schwab – Sunnyvale Branch
- Account Name: The Fistula Foundation
- Account Number: 5196-7708
- Schwab’s DTC clearing number is 0164, code 40.
For questions or assistance, your broker can contact:
Sand Hill Global Advisors, LLC
245 Lytton Avenue • Suite 300 • Palo Alto CA 94301
Direct tel: 650.854.9150 | Fax: 650.618.1619
Donor Advised Funds
Fistula Foundation welcomes gifts from donor advised funds.
Setting up a DAF begins by opening a donor advised fund with a community foundation or other sponsoring organization. There are no transaction fees and 100% of your approved grant recommendation will be sent to help strengthen our mission.
Since so many of our donors are choosing this option, we offer you the option of using DAF Direct, a free and secure web payment option that allows donors to recommend grants from their donor advised fund directly from our website.
Information for Advisors
Fistula Foundation welcomes inquiries from professional advisers. We are eager to help you assist your clients in fulfilling their philanthropic plans.
To send Gifts of Securities and/or Arranging Wire Transfer Gifts, please see the following resources:
- Fistula Foundation’s U.S. Tax Identification Number is 77-0547201.
- For general inquiries, please contact Sajira The, Philanthropy Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (408) 249-9596.
- If you are an executor or an attorney representing an estate, please contact Jesse Dubow, Philanthropy Associate, at email@example.com or call (408) 249-9596.
To name Fistula Foundation in your client’s will or trust, you can include the following bequest language:
I give and devise to Fistula Foundation, a not-for-profit institution organized under the laws of the State of California, having its principal offices at 1922 The Alameda, Suite 302, San Jose, CA 95126-1430 (U.S. Tax Identification Number 77-0547201), the sum of $_____________ (or state percentage of identified assets available for distribution) to be held, managed and distributed by Fistula Foundation, at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer, to help women suffering with obstetric fistula.